Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Should I buy a doll?

  1. #11
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Welcome to the board! I had lost a tiny bit of interest for a few years (but still looked at the catalogs and just didn't tell anyone) but then I had seen AGT 24 in Novemeber. and with Felicity's movie I googled American Girl and found this board. It's great to have dolls to play with, collect and display!

  2. #12
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Honey...you are in the right place! Welcome to the board, buy that delicious dollie and get ready to EOYBA with us! [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] <font color="red">....mwahahahahaaaaa...</font> We will take very good care of you and make sure all you AG needs are met and more! He-he-he...

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was a little nrevous to let my friends know about my obsession with AG dolls because I am 21 and have 11 dolls in my college dormroom! I was surprised and pleased that no one (even my trendier friends) thought it was stupid, or that I was childish. Most of them said that they used to have an AG doll, or always wished they could. I feel a whole lot better now, and can buy what I like guilt-free. Have at it, girl!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I must say it's nice knowing that a lot of you girls are older [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    You shouldn't feel silly at all! AG dolls are just one of my (many) interests, and I invest in each interest equally, although sometimes too much on one thing (right now that one thing is AG! haha! [img]wink.gif[/img] )

  5. #15
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I must say it's nice knowing that a lot of you girls are older [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    You shouldn't feel silly at all! AG dolls are just one of my (many) interests, and I invest in each interest equally, although sometimes too much on one thing (right now that one thing is AG! haha! [img]wink.gif[/img] )

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wrong place to ask. "Should I buy?" is always answered with, "YES."

    Welcome to the board. Buy dolls, be young, hang with us.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As they say on wall street - BUY BUY BUY

  8. #18
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    As they say on wall street - BUY BUY BUY
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They also say SELL SELL SELL.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    My mom died last year. We spent far too long scrimping and saving- feeling like we "didn't deserve" less necessary things like dolls. When I got my own job, I made sure to put money aside for stuff I wanted, like dolls (and I got her one, too). I met my stepmom, and she has that attitude, that it's "childish" to continue collecting dolls. But just look at all the cool people here who are avid doll collectors.
    If there is one thing I've learned since my mom died, it's "do what makes you happy." You're not hurting anyone else, and there are much worse things you could spend your money on (dolls can't make you fat or give you cavities, and don't go out of style within three months, lol). Most other college students I know have fond memories of the dolls' stories from when we were little and think it's cool that I still have my dolls. They're also a great outlet for creativity.(costume design, anyone??) And, besides, everyone needs a little bit of "childishness" in their life. Too often, "childishness" is just a term people use to put down other people having fun. It's something too many adults seem to forget, until they're so old they can attribute it to senility.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by adorevintage:
    I must say it's nice knowing that a lot of you girls are older
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some of "us girls" are a lot older than others - we're talking grandmothers here, for goodness sake! And we love our dollies, too! By the way, I prefer to think of it as being "child-like" - a very good character trait, to my way of thinking - rather than being "childish," which implies less than desirable traits. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •